Standing on land that you own gives you a certain satisfaction that can’t be found any other way. Owning land has practical, tangible benefits as well as intangible benefits:
- A place to call home. The pride of ownership helps build strong communities.
- A sense of belonging and connection. It can be your a place of solace and peace.
- Financial benefits and wealth building. Appreciation, timber management, 1031 tax deferred exchange opportunities, long-term capital gain, agricultural and timber production. See Land Enjoying in our Toolbox for ways to maintain and enhance your land’s value.
- Environmental stewardship. Protecting unique resources and wetland preservation.
- A legacy. A place for your family to make memories throughout generations, or a way to provide public benefits through the Trust for Public Lands, The Nature Conservancy, The Audobon Society, or other conservation organizations.